Hi! I’m Orana, an artist of many trades and creator of the Crazy Little Family Adventure Blog.
I have been writing about my family’s Adventures in Worldschooling through Travel and Art since 2013. Take a seat and have a look around.
Would you like to Work with Me? I can write for your blog or we can talk about a collaboration piece on my site. I am available for PR collaborations any time! Just send me an email through the form below!
Pad Pak Ruam Mitr
Its like the main staple side dish of any meal. Its made with whatever vegetables are on hand that day, its simple, its sweet, its savoury, its always delicious and you can almost never go wrong with it.
Its so normal, so perfect that it turns out we have photos of hundreds of different dishes but not one of this one. Its like rice, why take a picture of rice…there´s so much of it.
1-2 Cups of Broccoli, cut into bite-sized chunks
1 Cup of Tomato, halved and then quartered
1 Cup of Onion, cut into bite-sized pieces
2-3 Cups of Chinese Cabbage, roughly cut
(You can always add – Mushroom, Bean spout, Green peas, Cauliflower, etc., – any green that’s on hand)
2 Cups of Pork/ Chicken / Shrimps
2 Tablespoons of Chopped/Crushed Garlic
2 Tablespoons of Olive Oil – Extra light and mild
2 Tablespoons of Oyster Sauce
2 Tablespoons of Soy Sauce
A pinch of Brown Sugar
• Heat the wok over medium-heat
• Add Oil of your choice
• Add Garlic, fry till aromatic/ turns yellow
• Add Oyster Sauce, Soy Sauce & a pinch of sugar
• Add Vegetables – start from ones that take a longer time to cook
• Stir-fry constantly to mix everything well between for 3-5 mins for the Vegetable to be wilted.
• Turn off the heat – remove into a serving plate
• Serve with steamed whole-grain rice
Serves : 3